National Children’s Week at Kreativ Dental Albury
As Children’s Week approaches (from 22–31 October), your Albury dentist wants everyone to know that starting a good oral hygiene routine is never too early.
It is important to start taking care of your child’s teeth from the moment they erupt, as good dental habits mean a great chance of healthy teeth for a lifetime while also preventing dental disease.
National Children’s Week focuses the attention of the wider community on children, their needs and achievements.
In support of this, Kreativ Dental Albury offers some hints on how to look after your children’s teeth from an early age.
Dental Care for Children
Kids need to learn how to care for their teeth and gums while they’re young.
As parents, here’s what you can do:
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Albury dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Kreativ Dental Albury Can Help
Parents are of main importance in teaching dental hygiene, but your dentist must help as well.
When it’s time for that important first visit, contact us at Kreativ Dental Albury and learn about what we can offer your child.
At Kreativ Dental Albury, we bulk bill for children eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
With CDBS, basic dental services are capped at $1,052 for over two consecutive calendar years. The two-year cap period starts when a patient first receives an eligible dental service.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Albury
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,052 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 525 Wilson St in Albury.